Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ode to the Airport

As I sit here in the airport for somewhere around the 100th time in my life I am left to contemplate.

1. Why did it take them so long to get new, more comfortable chairs in the SLC airport?
2. Why did they buy them once again with air rests between the seats? What about those poor souls who get stranded in the airport, can't leave those seats so people don't have to be on the nasty floor? I suppose the seats aren't that much better, but it has a better appeal to me.
3. Why do people use chewing tobacco? I just watched a 20 year old boy pop some in his mouth. Yuck!
4. Why do so many people complain about their flight being delayed and get sssooo upset? Do they think that it is going to make things go faster or smoother?
5. Being the fashion police that I am, where do some people get their outfits and haircuts? They make mine look ultra fabulous!
6. Someone is sitting across from me reading a book based on General Hospital. Where can I get me one of those? Do they have them based on Days of Our Lives or Passions? I sure hope so!
7. When I was going through security they took some scissors out of my first aid kit, that made it through the Minneapolis airport. They security guy asked my why I was defensive, was a professional smuggler? I am not sure how to answer that...I think that he was joking with me, but if I had said yes (jokingly) would they have hauled me somewhere? I didn't chance it and let him have the cheap scissors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for suffering through all the airports to come see us! We really enjoyed having you here:)