Monday, September 27, 2010

Marriage Material

Well, I am supposed to be doing homework, so of course here I am writing a blog.
Over the past couple of weeks I have gotten several comments about looking nice at work. Today, I received multiple comments, perhaps it was the amazing necklace...the long black one that made the black dress wedding dress, funeral worthy in December. Recently, I have been telling everyone at work that it is because I need to be ready just in case there is some guy at work who I need to marry. They all laugh at me and then I tell them about my mothers encouragement about looking good for work just in case some date ready material comes into the hospital. It seems exceptionally funny when I work mainly with newborn babies. Hhhmmmmm, how would that work?
Me: Hello, you have a cute baby.
Him: Why yes.
Me: So are you and the mother still together?
Him: No, she just died. OR No, we just broke up and we have this baby together. Would you like to have this sort of relationship too? OR Yes we are, so sorry.

Anyway it goes....awkward.

All of the nurses on the floor are now out looking for potential dates for me. They have been pointing out all of the residents, interpreters, housekeeping personnel, and cooks who may have potential.

Don't worry Ann, I told them all to find out if they have an "outie" belly button (or umbilical hernia in the medical profession). I have heard that specimens with an outie are the most worthy.

One of my patients parents laughed so hard when I discussed with them my mothers ideal boyfriend or "Eternal Companion" in the ER. Mom described a beautiful story about a guy bringing in his dying or ill grandmother. Then he will be holding his grandmothers hand, while reading the BOM. What a lovely scene.

My heart just flutters when I think about it. Pure bliss is in my future if my mom has anything to do with it.. Which we all know that it isn't father who knows best, right?

2 comments:

Will said...

Loved it.

Coopers said...

i can't wait for you to meet this man!
i'm glad people give you comments. they are always nice when you really do put some extra effort into something.