There are been a large gap in my postings, mainly because there are been difficulty in finding time. I was able to move to Utah without much of a problem. The biggest jolt was when I felt tears welling up when i saw the cows and haystacks. Who would have though? I don't even think I realized that I didn't see cows in Arizona.
My new job is off to a great start. It is busy from the moment I get there to the moment I leave. The best part is that they are always needing more people to work, so as soon as I was finished with my orientation, I started to work extra shifts. It is very interesting doing many things that I have never had the opportunity to do before...like pump peoples' stomachs, numb and prep wounds for stitches, and watch all the drunks in action. The emergency room that I work in is the busiest in all of Utah, so there is never a lack of patients. Other places that I have witnessed the emergency room in action had periods if time when people quite coming in, but the residents of Ogden have not caught on to this phenomenon and they just keep coming. I am learning a whole lot and the people that I work with are great! That is good news. Previous jobs it has taken a while to fit in, but in this job I already feel like part of the crew.
I finished this last semester on the 24th of July. My goal was to get two "A's" for the semester, but try as I might I believe that I got and "A" and a "B" once again. I am destined to be a 3.75 student. I am going to try and overcome.
There is a very distinct possibility that I may not have enough financial support to go to school this next semester, but I am working like crazy to come up with enough money. Luckily, there are enough hours for me to pick up at work so that I can try and get the money.
Right after moving back home with the parents, to save money, I hit a deer on the way home from work. That is not exactly the best way to save money. I have been without a car since the 8th of July. I am hoping that I get it back on Monday. In honor of Grandpa Acheson, who named it car the Deerslayer, after hitting a deer or two, my vehicle has been named Deerslayer 2. My car is not exactly smaller than his so I feel that it could not rightfully be called Deerslayer Jr. Personally I feel that it would make a great video game, although I think that it would be to graphic for most. It was fascinating to watch the police officer drag the deer carcass across the road though. Ever time I drive past the area I have a moment of silence.
I have only managed one hike since I arrived in the Salt Lake Area and it was terrible. It appears that my allergies are awake and alive in these mountains. I once again cried while hiking and eventually gave in and turned around after an hour. I was not woman enough. Next time I have determined that I will need to take some sort of allergy medications prior to hiking and see how that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment