Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Job News


For those of you who have not been in close contact with me over the last couple of week there have been some developments over the last couple of weeks. I applied for a few jobs as a nurse practitioner and have at least one job interview. That job is in Kansas City, MO. It is actually a job that I am interested in, Pediatric Cardiology. I am supposed to talk with them over the phone, they have emailed me telling me about their interest in me, and randomly called me once trying to contact me while I was in my clinical hours. We will see if they call me again. I was also called by Boston Children's Hospital by the nurse recruiter. We will see how this all works out.


I currently started my clinical hours for the last semester. If I continue in the current pattern I will complete all of my hours in about 8 weeks. Yeah! That means that I can spend the rest of the time gathering together my portfolio, writing an article for a nursing magazine, and studying for the certification boards. I am looking forward to being done. I figure that I must be doing well because the clinic where I am currently doing my clinical hours tried to talk me into running their after hours clinic, but I turned them down because who wants to work Mon-Fri 5pm to 8 pm and Saturdays....no life, that is what I already have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! Good luck with your interviews. Remember not to do any knitting during them!

Ann said...

Um, I like your new look in the background of your picture....

Will said...

Anymore news as of late?