Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Busy Week

It started last week with going to Missouri with the Uptown YSA Ward. We left on Thursday at 7 pm to Missouri. The bus was full and it was a lot of fun to ride with everyone. We drove until about 2:30 am and got to Kansas City, MO. We stayed in a Sheraton Hotel. I was told that each room cost about $50 and we had 3-4 people per room. I had two roommates and we had a good time.
Over the next couple of days we went to Liberty Jail, Independence, Farr West, Adam-ondi-Ahman, the Fish River (Zion's Camp), and a multi-stake activity in Kansas City. We had a great time and I got to know a lot of new people.
Monday I got to fly kites at FHE. Tuesday I ate dinner at Hell's Kitchen. I assume it is the reason behind the t.v. show. All I can say is that it was good food and I enjoyed the Sea Bass. I am trying all kinds of new fish (I had Walleye in Duluth). Then I went and saw Phantom of the Opera. It was great! I had never seen Phantom before. The next night I was invited to a free Twins baseball game. We sat in the 13th row, which were fabulous seats I could definitely see all of the players. I was a very dull game against the Cleveland Indians which we lost 1-10, but it was all about the experience. I took Thursday off to rest because after I got home from the game I had to do laundry ( I did not get to bed until 1 am). Friday night I went with my ward to a St. Paul Saints baseball game. All I have to say is that minor league baseball games are much more fun to watch. Lots of activity going on everywhere.
Work is getting busier everyday. Each day I figure out more and more what my job entails. I had to write a proposal on Friday that went to all of the Cardiologist and the surgeon about exactly what my role will be on the pediatrics floor. It was actually pretty intimidating for me to write. I was told that they will rip it all to shreds. I will find out what they thought this week. The new residents start on the 24th of June so we are trying to make all of the new changes as they are starting so that they will not know anything different. I have lots to learn as a new nurse practitioner, but so far I love the job and like that I have so much to learn. It is never boring.

P.S. Thanks for the letter Dad...I always enjoy your writing even if it is all fluff.

2 comments:

Coopers said...

Wow. Sounds busy! And fun.

I hope there was not as much profanity in the restaurant as from the show (that is what i'm guess all the beeping out is). I bet did just taste so good.

Claire said...

None was heard in the restaurant...luckily! I went because a friend of mine told me the food was great...I agree.