Since arriving in the Twin Cities I have been getting to know the area. The best part is that I have made a friend Melissa who is more than willing to join me for most of the endeavor. I have taken a few pictures, but sorry I am not in them (it is difficult to take a picture of myself with my large camera).
The pictures are all out of order, but I will captioned details for those who are interested.
The gate of a house down the street from me on 3rd Ave.
St.Paul's cathedral in St. Paul. It was beautiful and they were holding mass. I have a picture of the inside, but it is blurry. :(Below is the view down my street towards Minneapolis (north).

Lake Superior from the northwest corner. The water is very cold. I learned that if all of the water in Lake Superior were flooding the North and South Americas they would all be covered in 1 foot of water. That is a lot of water.
My feet in the Mississippi River.
Gooseberry Middle Falls. I went hiking this weekend on the North shore of Lake Superior and we went along Gooseberry River. The water looks like rootbeer.
On 3rd Ave looking right at Minneapolis, it was a Sunday walk.
St. Paul while sitting on the side of the Mississippi River...check out the rowing team.
A different fall at Gooseberry...not sure which one. Maybe upper falls.
Another view of St. Paul's cathedral.
Me on the side of the Mississippi River.
Gooseberry Middle Falls. I went hiking this weekend on the North shore of Lake Superior and we went along Gooseberry River. The water looks like rootbeer.
1 comment:
I wish I owned such a large camera that I couldn't take pictures of myself! (If you want I can trade you.)
But I guess for now you get close up pictures of Lee and I with "a little" background.
Looks like a fun place to live. Lots of water.
Post a Comment