Sunday, May 3, 2009
The Job
I have gotten settled in and the job is going well. I have completed my first week as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. I have really enjoyed it so far, although it is not as exciting and busy as the emergency room. I spent so time in the outpatient clinic, the pediatric ICU, the pediatric ward, and in the cath lab. I went to the OR to spend some time there, but as the surgeon was starting surgery on a little boy he had to stop because he found and abscess in the boy's skin as he was making the initial incision...so I am supposed to be watching him tomorrow. The first week was mostly getting computer codes, learning computer systems, getting my name badge, sitting in meetings. The day starts bright and early tomorrow, but I am very excited! I hope that all continues well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment