This weekend I went to the Minnesota YSA activity and that is what I felt the whole time. Many individuals may laugh at the movie the "Singles Ward," but I definitely relate to parts of the movie. Especially the dance scene...imagine a whole weekend of people attempting to mingle. The whole idea that they are trying to find an eternal companion just puts enough pressure that many are completely unable to make decent conversation. Then to make us mingle even more they put us on a 4 hour boat ride so that there will be nothing to do except mingle. These leaders are smart and conspire. I saw a few possible romances popping up here and there, but mostly had a lot of conversations that did not flow very well. The best advice I got this weekend was to not tell people exactly what I do. It is conversation stopper, so now I just tell them that I work with kids.
I was able to here Sister Beck speak which was cool. Even had a little breakfast with her. I kept looking at her and thinking that my sister Ann would wear pearls just like hers. I should get myself a set they were very sophisticated.
3 comments:
I tell people I'm unemployed, becuase if I say therapist the first thing out of their mouth is either: "oh, hope you don't analyze me, becuase you'll think I'm totally crazy"...or "my marriage sucks and I love to send pictures of my privates to my wife's friends...is that wrong?". Good call on keeping it secret.
A. oh the joys of being a YSA.
B. thanks for the shout out on the pearls. :) they pretty much are the pinnacle of relief society-hood.
C. i like you.
wow, it does sound like a movie.
Post a Comment