Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Pirate's Booty

It is time once again for another Minnesota adventure!
Duluth had a "Tall Ships Festival." Ships from all over sailed into Lake Superior where we were all able see them and got to board the noble vessels. I was pretty much overtaken by the ropes. I wanted to climb up and play with them.
I was totally excited! Could I appear any more enthusiastic? I think not. It had been a round morning. I went to bed thinking that I would wake up at 5am. Nope. I was awoken at 6:30am by my friends at the door. It was time to leave on our journey northward. So, you are seeing me in all of my splendor....I look pretty much just as pathetic the second, as I do the first. It is great when your appearance can't get worse.
I always have to thank Carrie and Natalie for all of the activity planning. We always find the greatest things to do in the state. Plus, we always do them in style.
I loved to look at the neatly wrapped ropes. There were hundreds of them. It was a beautiful site to behold.
Doesn't this make you want to be Peter Pan?
This is the same ship used in Pirate's of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest. It was a beauty.
Marla and Melissa were some of the beauties who woke me up bright and nearly...Amy was the other one, but she managed to evade the photography.
One of the ships compasses. I think it would be easier to use GPS, but it sure is sweet looking.
All the boats lined up in a row.

I was so warm that day. I was so exhausted after having so much fun! I ate a Tobies, when traveling up north tradition says that we have to stop and eat cinnamon rolls. We checked out some stores in Duluth. As soon as I drove home I was ready to climb right into bed. Success!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What amazing things you do!
Beautiful ships!