Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Nepal Day 17

 This was the last day in Nepal.  Natalie and I spent the morning shopping in the Thammel district of Kathmandu.  Most of it was just as I had remembered.  There were rickshaws everywhere.  Although, Natalie and I were not accosted as often as I remembered.  We were able to pick up some more amazing bakery goods.
The idea of putting all of that weight on one bike would never have come to my mind before.  Natalie and I then headed to the airport, where we had never been "felt up" by some many people in my life.  I was patted down at least 5 times before getting on the plane.  They also checked out luggage multiple time.  After making it out of Nepal we stopped in New Dehli, where Natalie and I were witnesses to a boycott of India Air.  It was a little scary to say the least, but luckily we were flying Continental Airlines. We spent 3 lovely hours in limbo while getting our new tickets to get the airplane to the United States.

The best part of arriving home was that no snow was no where in sight when I arrived home to Minneapolis.  In fact, it was 70 degrees for two days.  Then the white fluffy stuff made it's first appearance.  There are some things you just can't be too thankful for every day.

No comments: