There is something that happens when you become a parent. You see it happen with all of your friends and you are told that it will happen, but it isn't until it occurs that you understand. Your time is no longer your own. Part of you doesn't mind. In a way it is nice to no longer be focused on yourself. You exit the selfish era of your life, where you go where you want, eat what you want, sleep when you want, and don't do anything if you want. Now there are exceptions to that, but in reality if you can't do those things it is because you decided to do something else...like go to school. So, in reality it is your own choosing.
Well, I have entered that time in my life where everything is now what I need to do in order to take care of my little girl. How pay for gas to drive to work and pay for our home and food? When do I need to get up to feed her? What is the best routine to get her to go to bed? We live a totally busy life filled with the mundane. It feels pointless to go to church because we spend out time now in the hall or the mother's room. She no longer really sleeps while I sit in chair, but we go anyway.
My life is totally absorbed by her. Any pictures I take are of her, because, let's face it, I have looked terrible for a long time. I need to look better, but there is no time when she and I walk the dogs three times a day, I need to work and then it is all about how to care for her, the laundry, and making meals.
I keep hoping that I don't post too many pictures of Violet. I know there are people who don't want to see all the pictures of everyone elses' children, but then there are also the people who want to know what she looks like and how we are doing. I hear that this feeling of frenzy only continues with more children and I am not sure how people manage. For now I will live in my isolated world of craziness and work on surviving one day at a time.
The only reason that I have time to type this little post is because Violet is with her dad so that I can get some work done for my job. So, of course I took a little time to do something for myself, which is to ramble about nothing.
For all who were wondering we are doing well. Everyone is clothed, fed, walked, and occasionally cleaned. This is a shout out from the Passey/Tahiro home.
Well, I have entered that time in my life where everything is now what I need to do in order to take care of my little girl. How pay for gas to drive to work and pay for our home and food? When do I need to get up to feed her? What is the best routine to get her to go to bed? We live a totally busy life filled with the mundane. It feels pointless to go to church because we spend out time now in the hall or the mother's room. She no longer really sleeps while I sit in chair, but we go anyway.
My life is totally absorbed by her. Any pictures I take are of her, because, let's face it, I have looked terrible for a long time. I need to look better, but there is no time when she and I walk the dogs three times a day, I need to work and then it is all about how to care for her, the laundry, and making meals.
I keep hoping that I don't post too many pictures of Violet. I know there are people who don't want to see all the pictures of everyone elses' children, but then there are also the people who want to know what she looks like and how we are doing. I hear that this feeling of frenzy only continues with more children and I am not sure how people manage. For now I will live in my isolated world of craziness and work on surviving one day at a time.
The only reason that I have time to type this little post is because Violet is with her dad so that I can get some work done for my job. So, of course I took a little time to do something for myself, which is to ramble about nothing.
For all who were wondering we are doing well. Everyone is clothed, fed, walked, and occasionally cleaned. This is a shout out from the Passey/Tahiro home.
3 comments:
We LOVE seeing pictures of her!
Glad you guys are doing well. :)
Yeah for pictures!
Um, have you seen by blog? All it is is pictures of my kids! I don't have any other life! So keep her coming. WE like to see what cousins are up to.
Post a Comment