Monday, December 31, 2007

Cranky

I have sent the last couple of weeks trying to figure out why I have been so cranky. This time I can't blame it on the steroids. I let go of my eating habits for the past week during the Christmas session and I don't think that helped at all, but I know that is not the root of my problem. I am not sure how many other people have this problem, but I always get a little cranky and start to feel really unsettled when I know that it is time for a change. At work there has been a notice up saying that there was a day position open at work and that I needed to let them know before the 26th of this months if I was interested. Unfortunately, I stewed over it a little too long, but I am beginning to wonder if I should have taken it. Maybe it is about time for me to see about working day shifts, so I sent them an email to let them know I am interested even though it is late. I guess the next time an opportunity comes along I will attempt to jump on the bandwagon a little quicker.
A couple of weeks ago I had the most fun I have had in years when I went sledding. I went to some doctors I work withs homes...yes that is plural even though they are married. We sledded down their driveway which took over 1 minute to sled down the entire driveway and then got rides back up the hill on a hay ride pulled by a tractor. I had so much fun and got so many bruises. I just have to report that I am a huge fan of the "flexible flyer," especially made around 1960.
I also conned some of my family member to cross country ski with me. It was not the best experience ever. It was a lot harder than I remeber. We went to Snow Basin and they had a lot of trails, but I was completely out of shape for the foot problems that I have had (and am still having, but have chosen to ignore over the last couple of weeks). I am sure that we will be able to remember it as an adventure. There are some photos, but some of the postitions that bodies were entangled in after the falls should never have to be published.
Family gatherings over the holidays are always stressful for me. Perhaps it is because I have gotten used to the quiet life, especially living all by my lonesome for two years. I just because a little crowded with everyone at home. Although I did enjoy seeing everyone in smaller groups. I also loved playing games...perhaps because they were all providided by me as gifts to others.

No comments: