Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Cold


The common cold is commonly thought to be more of a winter thing. Unfortunately, in all of my clinical time for school I have come to realize that the time period actually extends into June. How sad is that? I have spent 6 days a week hanging out with sick people and I managed to stay well. I thought that meant that I was invincible. I found out the hard way. This past week as the family went on vacation I hung out with the well people and found out that they made me sick. I am not sure that means that my body is meant to hang out with the ill or that things hibernate until you are no longer exposed to them and then you get sick? Needless to say, I went to my clinical hours yesterday hacking and crying, but today I called in sick to work because I have the chills along with it....and 109 sick hours to use up.

No comments: