Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stupidity


The other night was my first night back at work and it was a typical night. It went well considering I still don't walk really well. I was the charge nurse and put my leg up and iced my knee throughout the night. Now many of you may think that that is the stupid part, going back to work after only a week. Nope! You were wrong. The stupidity is seen in the many individuals who come into the ER. That night we had a man who was arrested by the police. I am not sure exactly how this happened, but in handcuffs he managed to jump out of the cop car at 60 mph. Personally, I have never heard of a good get away once the police already have you in custody, but he was obviously willing to make that sacrifice. Needless to say he didn't really get anywhere because he was immediately after driven over by another car. Pelvis crushed and legs broken. Next time...I would just stick in the car. Oh wait, I never plan on being arrested. I just have to say that I work with the "cream of the crop."

4 comments:

Ann said...

Wow.

That is all.

Will said...

Aren't those doors child locked? How did he get out?

lee said...

Lee wants to know if you are able to take pictures of these stupid people.

Claire said...

I have never attempted it, but I know a nurse who got a picture of a guy after he ran into a telephone poll with his bicycle and split his head open.