Prior to going to surgery I went and rented a pair of crutches from the local Smith's. From working in the E.R. I have learned that crutches are a large expense added to your bill. Smith's allows me to rent crutches for 30 bucks and get all of my money back when I return them. I teach people how to use crutches every day. I got my pair home and found that they made a better weapon than an assistance for walking (and I thought that I had grace and skills). I am lucky because I only had to use them yesterday, although I might need them when I go back to work.
So far the after math of the surgery has not been bad. I did almost pass out a couple of times yesterday. One was a beautiful sight where I had to lie of the kitchen floor for 45 minutes...luck for me children do not drop food on the floor in quite the abundance as they did in the past. I have also been faithfully participating in my exercises, because I am bound and determined to be out and running again.
2 comments:
Glad to hear the surgery went well. I enjoy a nice lying down on the kitchen floor myself every so often.
When I broke my leg I had to go to crutch school for an afternoon. It was a highly memorable afternoon!
Post a Comment