This weekend I went home for a legal deposition. Now that I have completed my deposition it is public record. It is a relief that I don't have to tell everyone that I can't talk about it. Luckily I was just a fact witness, so there was no real stress on my part. A 69 year old patient came to the ER thinking that he was having a heart attack, with pain between his shoulder blades. Ironically, the patient was impatient and wanted to go home. The patient went home and died the next day after calling the paramedics. Since, family was not with the patient they were suing the hospital. I just happened to be the person that the patient asked to leave multiple times. So, now the state of Utah will be sending me a copy of my deposition in the mail. I have something I said in the public records through the judicial system. I am always up for something new.
The lawyers paid for me to fly to Utah for the weekend, so I am here with the parents. I had the opportunity to attend the Carl Block exhibit at BYU. It was very good. I loved the iPad presentations that were put together for you to watch and listen to while you looked at the art. It was very well done. I have also attended John's clarinet recital, where Maren accompanied him. Her part was amazingly hard. Sorry John, I was more impressed with Maren's part than yours. Although, it was fun to hear you both play together. I got to participate in the annual tree trimming transfer of the branches to the truck, so they can go to the dump. It was a smooth process. We have got it all figured out so that it was done lickety-split.
The part of this vacation that I have chuckled about (of course internally and not externally) was the living room couch. My mother and I were cleaning the living room. The traditional Saturday activity. When I was about to move the couch see got this look on her face and told me I probably shouldn't because it was broken. Then she decided that since the two of us were there that perhaps we could move it. The story behind the broken couch has something to do with Uncle Tom and some crazy maneuvers that I don't quite understand, but the point is that on of the foots of the couch broke off. Me, being me, said I think I can fix this. I took the foot that was till partially attached to some wood and glued it together with a c-clamp. Then in the evening began to look place it back under the couch and figure out how I could attach some additional pieces of wood. My dad told me he didn't want to fix the couch right then, but he just couldn't leave. He had to know what I was doing and put his two sense in. I had a great idea, but alas, his additional ideas made it work. The foot on the couch is now better secured than any other foot of the cough. My dad just can't help himself.
This morning my mom made me some made from scratch blueberry pancakes. It is nice to finally feel like I am having down time. For months my body has been so wound up and stressed. I hope this will last when I get home, but I doubt it. I will just have to hold onto the memories of being at my parent's home.
The lawyers paid for me to fly to Utah for the weekend, so I am here with the parents. I had the opportunity to attend the Carl Block exhibit at BYU. It was very good. I loved the iPad presentations that were put together for you to watch and listen to while you looked at the art. It was very well done. I have also attended John's clarinet recital, where Maren accompanied him. Her part was amazingly hard. Sorry John, I was more impressed with Maren's part than yours. Although, it was fun to hear you both play together. I got to participate in the annual tree trimming transfer of the branches to the truck, so they can go to the dump. It was a smooth process. We have got it all figured out so that it was done lickety-split.
The part of this vacation that I have chuckled about (of course internally and not externally) was the living room couch. My mother and I were cleaning the living room. The traditional Saturday activity. When I was about to move the couch see got this look on her face and told me I probably shouldn't because it was broken. Then she decided that since the two of us were there that perhaps we could move it. The story behind the broken couch has something to do with Uncle Tom and some crazy maneuvers that I don't quite understand, but the point is that on of the foots of the couch broke off. Me, being me, said I think I can fix this. I took the foot that was till partially attached to some wood and glued it together with a c-clamp. Then in the evening began to look place it back under the couch and figure out how I could attach some additional pieces of wood. My dad told me he didn't want to fix the couch right then, but he just couldn't leave. He had to know what I was doing and put his two sense in. I had a great idea, but alas, his additional ideas made it work. The foot on the couch is now better secured than any other foot of the cough. My dad just can't help himself.
This morning my mom made me some made from scratch blueberry pancakes. It is nice to finally feel like I am having down time. For months my body has been so wound up and stressed. I hope this will last when I get home, but I doubt it. I will just have to hold onto the memories of being at my parent's home.
No comments:
Post a Comment