Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Hamburger

Today as I was doing my typical blog search I came upon this cake.   I made me want both cake and a hamburger.  Then I remembered that I have eaten my allotted calories in hamburger this weekend.  This week I had a Minnesota invention, the Juicy Lucy. One might ask what is a Juicy Lucy.  Above, you can find a photo of this MN classic.  It is essentially just a cheeseburger with the cheese cooked in the the patty.  There are two places in Minneapolis that both claim to be the founders of the grease-filled dream.  One spells it "Juicy Lucy," while the other goes with "Jucy Lucy."  Well, whatever the name I can tell you that the grease contained in this hamburger is amazing.  When the cheese fat has no where to melt and roll off, you then get the complete opportunity to consume it with pride.  I will admit that it tasted good, but I don't know if it was the best thing I have ever eaten.  Another "MN must do" checked off the list. 

No comments: