Well, today I grew up a little. I put in an offer on a home. I found out that someone else had put in an offer on it yesterday, but that they Realtor was not very excited about the offer. So, I upped my bid a little more than I was originally going to offer. We will see. The house needs some serious upgrading, but has potential. If you want to get a look at the ugly interior work from some other individuals who owned the home...take a look. It is a listing that is not quite correct....there are four bedrooms, one den, what may or may not be called a family room, a living room, two bathrooms, and an informal dinning room. Plus, a garage which will be nice in this cold weather.
http://www.trulia.com/homes/photos/Minnesota/Saint_Louis_Park/sold/20533649-4236-Utica-Ave-S-Saint-Louis-Park-MN-55416#item-0
Bad news is that I found out the offer that was given was a cash offer. I have been told that cash speaks. I do have two things going for me. One is that my offer was more than the cash offer and that I am wanting to buy the property to live there. The other offer is someone who is wanting to invest. I have been told that the banks really try to favor individuals who are purchasing homes to live in them. I should know by Thursday evening. Keep your fingers crossed for me....and have lovely dreams of baby blue kitchens with 1970's appliances.
http://www.trulia.com/homes/photos/Minnesota/Saint_Louis_Park/sold/20533649-4236-Utica-Ave-S-Saint-Louis-Park-MN-55416#item-0
Bad news is that I found out the offer that was given was a cash offer. I have been told that cash speaks. I do have two things going for me. One is that my offer was more than the cash offer and that I am wanting to buy the property to live there. The other offer is someone who is wanting to invest. I have been told that the banks really try to favor individuals who are purchasing homes to live in them. I should know by Thursday evening. Keep your fingers crossed for me....and have lovely dreams of baby blue kitchens with 1970's appliances.

5 comments:
First, the play room stays the same colors. Second, you should only buy if you can keep the curtains.
Unfortunately, all of the curtains were gone. Also, I have plans to tear down walls Will. Although, I am glad that you noticed how awesome the decor was in this home...who wouldn't wish to keep it the same?
I say keep the wood paneling... or whatever it was on the walls in one picture. It was classic. Hope you get it!
what exciting news! glad there were pictures to go along! can't wait to hear how it all turns out!
OH SWEET!!! Allie was telling me I would be excited about seeing your blog, but I certainly wasn't expecting something this great! I love a good home project and this place certainly has some awesome character! I hope that Thursday night you can go back over (after they say it is all yours) and take some more pictures without mops and such obstructing this beauty. I think I love the wood floors in the front room. I also appreciate the kitchen cabinet accents - classic. Now if only I had a few more weeks vacation so that we could come help with the improvements...Lee
Post a Comment