 |
| Welcome to the house....you are entering the white front door, with a closet on the right. |
So, I know that I gave you the link to look at this house in a previous post. Lee had told me that he was interested in more photos, so photos of this ghastly disaster waiting my touch as to be found below. The second offer that I put in has not been approved yet. Today, I went and looked at other homes that I might be interested in if this doesn't go through. I found three others, but decided to go back and take a look at this one again. I really like this neighborhood the best of all of them. The house is an eyesore right now, but has potential. I am going to attempt to give you a tour of the house through pictures. Be prepared that there are about 52 pictures here. I left out the outside photos because it was night. I also forgot the bright colorful room, so there is a bedroom missing.
 |
| Entering the front door this is the view to the left. I know the flooring is terrible. I have plans to replace all of the wood flooring. I want the wood flooring, just not the stains that I won't be able to sand out. Now remember this photo because we will be coming back to go through the door on the right hand side. This area is the dining area. |
 |
| This is the view to the right through the front door. I think that something needs to go top the sides of the fireplace. I am not sure what yet. I also think that something needs to happen to the surrounding rock...like find a garbage dump. |
 |
| Going straight forward through the room we see this lovely little cubby....I think it is for all of those lanterns I will be lighting the home with, nightly. |
 |
| Immediately through the little doorway, a bathroom can be found on the right side of the hall. The tub needs some refinishing and perhaps some new tile. |
 |
| The sink, toilet, and flooring need a lot of help. |
 |
| Plus, what is above them is in dire need of some TLC and decorative intuition. |
 |
| Let's exit this special place. |
 |
| Oh wait! Pooh found his way to this house too. I think I saw at least four homes with Pooh somewhere. He doesn't really match anything, therefore I believe he was a bit of an afterthought. |
 |
| Closet right next to the bathroom. |
 |
| Keep walking down the hall and turn right into this bedroom. The wallpaper was painted over. Bad idea! As you can see it is now peeling off. |
 |
| What you see from the door...the closet which we will peek into. |
 |
| Little closet. Gotta love these old homes. |
 |
| Someone had a dog or something that ruined the beautiful wood floors. |
 |
| Walking out the door this beautiful cupboard is seen. Shutter doors. Interesting. |
 |
| Open the doors to shelving. |
 |
| To the right of the bedroom door is another little closet. Plus you can see into the amazing pepto bismol room. |
 |
| Entering there is immediately another closet. |
 |
| Pink, pink everywhere....awesome! |
 |
| Doesn't anyone take care of the floors anymore? |
 |
| Alright, remember the dinning room photo you were supposed to remember? Well, we are now entering through the door into the lovely baby blue kitchen. I love the push button stove. Is it from the 60's? |
 |
| Just giving you a look around. |
 |
| Not exciting |
 |
| I believe cabinetry will definitely have to be changed to fit in the fridge I would like. |
 |
| This is a view into the kitchen, through the door seen right by the fridge space. |
 |
| This is looking up to the stoop where you enter the kitchen to the left. There is also a door to go outside right there. |
 |
| Downstairs we go. Looking off to the left we find this little nook. |
 |
| To the right of the stairs is the bright colored room I forgot to take pictures of....sorry Will. Straight forward is the hallway. |
 |
| The green room across from the nook. The very right of the picture is where there is a door into the garage. |
 |
| Entering the garage from the house. |
 |
| Yes it is a one car garage with lots of workspace. It may become a two care garage someday. |
 |
| The doorway outside that will go away if it is to house two cars. |
 |
| Storage or work area. Sorry so dark. |
 |
| Going back inside to the green room. Here is an entrance to the Raggedy Ann Room...complete with blackboard wall. |
 |
| Looking through the door we see the electrical panel and peeling wallpaper. |
 |
| More room. |
 |
| Terrible closet. |
 |
| Going back to the stairs and walking into the hallway, |
 |
| At the end of the hall on the right. Another room. The one that belonged to the Brady Bunch. Although, I can't figure out why they put exterior siding inside the house? |
 |
| Ugly and peeling. It would look great with a lava lamp. John can I have mine back? |
 |
| Closet |
 |
| Straight across from Greg Brady's room we see the furnace. Hiding to the left is the dryer. Just take not that is is outside the bathroom. |
 |
| Water heater close to the furnace. |
 |
| Then in it's own little cave, the water softener. |
 |
| Ah oh! Yikes! It looks like they did not winterize the home soon enough. Entering the door into the bathroom right next to the dryer you can look up and see a problem with the tubs plumbing. Luckily the ceiling is paneling and the pipes can be seen from right there. Talking with many people this should be a fairly easy fix. |
 |
| Bathroom sink. With my friend Derek standing there examining the ceiling. |
 |
| Toilet through a small opening. Right across from the toilet is a shower. |
 |
| Across from the bathroom sink is the utility sink and the washing machine. Someone really needs to do some serious work arranging this bathroom. Perhaps get the washer out of the bathroom together? |
 |
| The water from the tub seen above....plus some ugly stuff. Needs some beautifying. |
|
|
|
|
Well, I saved the worst for last. Overall I think that it will clean up really nicely. If this offer doesn't go through I already have my eyes set on another home. Fingers are crossed.
2 comments:
wow. thanks for the tour! looks like a lot of work. but nothing that you can't handle, right? Get watching some HGTV!
I know. I just have to get the okay. The person who bought the house, originally bought it for $75,000 in 1994. They actually foreclosed on it at $317,000. I am not sure what they spent all that money on, but they sure took out a whole lot of home equity. Ouch! Although, this old house might be the best resource. I hope to hear soon.
Post a Comment