I typically try to write about good things that are going on in my life on my blog. Although, don't get me wrong I like to complain about the weather or some trivial items like an ingrown toenail, but recently life has been hard. The past couple of days have felt especially hard. I don't talk you all of you (being both family and friends) on a weekly or even monthly basis, so I am never sure who is aware of what. I guess that I just feel like I need to know there are a few more prayers out there for me. I am really struggling.
So that you know what you are praying about I will at least update you a little....leaving out some of the details. I have been on a leave of absence from work since January 11th of this year. Why? Well, I have a Severe PTSD and Major Depression. I have been going to therapy, taking medication, and trying to do the work to get better. This past week I had to drop all of my classes that I was working on for my doctorate because I was getting failing grade. I have noticed little signs that I am getting better, but I still have my setbacks. This week I am feeling extremely sad and lonely. I know that people love me, but sometimes it is really hard to feel it. I am trying to get myself back to work in the next couple of weeks and that is causing some stress. I feel like I need some extra support and I am not sure how to get it. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
So that you know what you are praying about I will at least update you a little....leaving out some of the details. I have been on a leave of absence from work since January 11th of this year. Why? Well, I have a Severe PTSD and Major Depression. I have been going to therapy, taking medication, and trying to do the work to get better. This past week I had to drop all of my classes that I was working on for my doctorate because I was getting failing grade. I have noticed little signs that I am getting better, but I still have my setbacks. This week I am feeling extremely sad and lonely. I know that people love me, but sometimes it is really hard to feel it. I am trying to get myself back to work in the next couple of weeks and that is causing some stress. I feel like I need some extra support and I am not sure how to get it. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
3 comments:
Hi Claire, I'm a member over at the Blaisdell YMCA (the one at 34th between Nicollet and Blaisdell, behind the Burger King). Do you want to go aquajog there with me a day this week? You strap a floatation device around your waist and flounder around in the deep end of the pool and call it exercise. Think about it, and I'll ask you about it at church tomorrow.
Hey Claire! I'm praying for you. You can pull through this hard time. You have always been so ambitious and I admire the drive that you have. Without you saying so, I never would have known you were struggling. I'm excited for your house buying and am a little jealous of that too. Hang in there!
Claire,
I hope that things are going better for you. I will keep you in my prayers, since there's probably not much else I can do from here! I think you're great, and I appreciate the friend you've been to me. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Post a Comment