Thursday, March 17, 2011

Inspection and Tour

Today I got the opportunity to head into the house that is most likely going to be mine in a month.  The inspector came by to make sure that I wasn't getting myself into a money pit with too many disasters to count.  The house is old, but there were only a few items such as the linoleum in the kitchen needs to be replaced.  Several windows need to be replaced because the old ropes/pulley that helped the windows go up and down.  One electric outlet in the kitchen that had some issue, but I don't remember what it is, so I will just have to wait for the official report.  I decided that since I was there that I would have take the opportunity to get some photos to do a tour.  I just have to say that I loved the house just as much as I did the first time.  Small, but charming.
Two of the ugly duplexes across the street.

My neighbor with a house I like.

My other neighbor which will be beautiful.  You can't really tell, but the porch has a lot of building supplies to finish fixing up the place.

After walking into the small front 3-season porch (no pics) you enter the house.  Looking to the left when walking in you see the small front room.

To the right is this view.  The windows were so bright that my camera wouldn't let me get a light picture.

The little shelf in the above picture with w little view into the kitchen and dinning room.

From this picture of the dinning room you can see the stairs going upstairs.  You can also the the doorway to the left that goes to one of the bedrooms and a bathroom.

Here is a view into the kitchen. Small galley kitchen, Ugh! I will survive though because the rest of the house I just love!

Here is the first floor bathroom.  A lovely blue soft toilet seat seen in the lower left.  I really like the charm of the clawfoot tub.

This is view into the neighboring bedroom.  One has to love the drafting table.  I think that the owner is either a graphic designer or an illustrator.

The closet outside the bathroom and the bedroom.

Now lets head up the stairs.

As you get to a landing at the top of the stairs, here is nook #1.  Here it is filled with the current owners junk/art supplies.

Here is nook #2 to the right of the stairs.  You can see here the original flooring of the house.  I love the feel of the house with the flooring.

Standing right next to nook #2 you can see an open area leading to the bedroom ahead.  The current owner have placed a desk in the area...which can be labeled as nook #3.

Looking back you can see the area where you climb up the stairs.

Here is the little desk.

Ready to enter the bedroom? Too bad.

Here is one of the bedrooms.

The closet in the bedroom.

The bathroom connected to the bedroom.

The shower in the bathroom....bad photo.

This is the 3rd bedroom.  There is a door between bedroom #2 and bedroom #3.

You can see that outside the door you can head back downstairs.

Just another shot of the floor which I love.

Now lets head back to the kitchen.  At the back of the kitchen you can start heading outside through the door to the right.  We are going to go downstairs to the left.

Down we go.

The new furnace that was installed in August 2010.

Another shot of the unfinished space.

And finally the end.  I did not take pictures of the garage or the outside.  I figured you had seen them in the link.  Hope you enjoyed this.  I am excited to get updating, painting, and making it my own.

1 comment:

Coopers said...

thanks for the pictures! this place doesn't seem as much work as the first! (i could be wrong!) i'm excited to see what you do with it!