Saturday, May 28, 2011

New Job

Well, life has led me to a new job.  These past few months have been very difficult with my personal struggles emotionally and in the career realm.  I am happy to say that after putting in notice at my previous job I was unusually calm.  There have been so many things that have fallen apart over the the last year and a half that I was surprised.  I could tell that all of the difficult therapy and self evaluation had made a big difference.  I also felt like leaving my job was the right thing to do.  It had to be since any new homeowners nightmare would be to no longer have a job within weeks of purchasing their house.  My house and I were feeling exceptionally good under the circumstances.
I will continue to get paid from my previous job until June 19th, without having to put in any hours.  I would like to say that is nice of them, but in reality I was not treated very fairly throughout the entire process of returning to work.  I was very angry intermittently, but have come to terms with the fact that sadly many people have not learned how to deal with others in difficult situations.  That was the main function of my previous job, so I did it all the time.
Good news is that I have a new job.  It comes with a tiny pay cut, but living without the drama of my precious job will be a relief.  I got as full-time faculty at Rasmussen College.  They have multiple campuses in the area and I will be teaching Maternal-Child Nursing.  I know I will ace the child part....the maternal part will be a different story.  I tried to forget all of that information after my clinical rotations in nursing school.  I new that was not the area for me, but now I get to teach breastfeeding, labor, fundus checks, etc.  This is a whole new world for me.  I will be breaking out the books to study for several weeks.  My first day of teaching my own class will be on July 5th (so unfortunately for all the family members out there I will not be making it to the reunion).  I am hoping that eventually I will get the opportunity to teach other classes as well.

3 comments:

Ann said...

So so so exciting!

lee said...

Sounds like fun times ahead! Are you going to start your classes with a joke or favorite youtube video?

Coopers said...

What great news! Hopefully this become an "area for you." Good luck!