Saturday, November 12, 2011

He Can Bark!

I heard his bark for the first time yesterday night.  There are railroad tracks next to the dog park that I take him to practically every day.  A couple times a week a train comes by and he runs directly to my side.  The other night the train came by and I decided to walk toward the train.  Harley followed me and as we got close to the fence, about 50 feet away from the train, he barked.  He barked four times and then stopped.  His bark was surprisingly deep.  I suppose it is an adult male dog, but he is missing part of his man parts, so I would have thought with less testosterone in his body that his voice my be a little higher.  Not a bark since then, even tonight when he ran head first into the glass screen door.  He was really excited to get back into the house because it was really windy outside.  He is not exactly the bravest dog, but he is extremely sweet.  I haven't met a person, or dog he didn't like.

1 comment:

Coopers said...

i hear you might be bring him to utah for christams time. zac would love to be there too. sadly we are most likely going to miss meeting him.
i'm sure your neighbors are very happy that he doesn't like to bark. :)