Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crazy Ideas

Once again I got a bee in bonnet. I got tired of waiting for blind date number 2 to ask me out again, so I did the only thing that a respectable girl could do, I asked him out. I was excited because I was going to have a Friday night off. That never happens to me, I am always working on Fridays.
I was pretty nervous after I asked him out, because his response was, "Uuuuhhhh, sure." Not real promising. I decided if he was not that sure that it could be really bad, so we might as well do what I want to do. So, up the the canyon we went. Not just the two of us, but my family members as well. I dragged Amber, Brent, Will, and Will's date up Milcreek Canyon and we had a dutch oven dinner and played some card games. Overall I had a good time and my date must not have thought it was too bad either. He decided that we were going to go to the movies afterward. It was great! We both smelled of campfire and I am pretty sure that everyone at The Gateway could smell us. I could smell myself, which I think means that everyone really could smell me. I just wanted to thank those family members who participated in the outing. It was nice to have something to do on a day off.
I am back to the trenches tonight. I get to work once again. The good new is that I have a couple of weeks off from school, which I am definitely taking. I was sad that my 4.0 streak has ended. I got a B in one of my classes this semester. I can't complain because it is a passing grade, so I should be happy.

5 comments:

Caitlyn Dixon said...

sounds like you had fun

Will said...

Carson and I had a fun time and I'm glad to hear that you did too. What Movie did y'all go see?

Ann said...

Yay! I'm glad you had fun! And it sounds like he did to, a movie after the canyon...Nice.

What movie did you see?

Oh, and please tell me you have either Aug 16 or 17 off. Please?

Coopers said...

FUN! Allie never asked me out to a dutch oven dinner in the canyon with her family members! My curiosity leads me to ask the question if this was Will's first post-mission date, or if has had other successful opportunities over the last while...

Claire said...

You will have to ask Will if it was his first date, that I don't know. It seems that what movie was saw was the question on everyones mind. We saw Hancock. I knew that it did not get the greatest ratings, so I was not disappointed...it was okay. Lee, perhaps Allie did not take you on a dutch oven picnic in the canyon with the family because she did not want to scare you.