
I thought that Texas had the corner on pride until I moved to Minnesota. Wow! I haver heard so many people brag so much about their home state. Most Utahns complained about their beautiful state, but secretly loved it! Who wouldn't love the beautiful mountains, red rock, desert flowers, and crazy mormon neighbor stories. They are especially great when you are the crazy neighbor.
Here I have been instructed daily on all of the things that a resident of Minnesota needs to be proud of:

1. Honey Crisp Apples- Yes, created here in this great state...a hybrid apple from the University of Minnesota. I have not thought this much about the creations I consume until now.
2. The State Fair-It was talked up all year. I had to attend just to see what it was all about. There was more food than should every be eaten. I was definitely a must for those that need some people watching time. Anything could be found cooked and fried on a stick including pickles.
3. Beverly Hill 90210-I never really cared where the twins moved from on that show. I was promptly schooled that they moved from Minneapolis...Wayzata to be exact and that is was mispronounced. What were the creators of the show thinking.
4. Lutherans- I hate to break the news to may of the people here, but it seems that Lutherans and don't have the corner on the green jello with carrots. I thought it was a mormon thing, but I have come to the conclusion that it was really just a popular food from the time period. We celebrate things similarly. I wonder if they have "funeral potatoes?"
The list goes on and on. I like Minnesota so far, but I am not sure that they have the corner on everything good. I do love to here them brag about it though. Today it was..."We" have Michelle Tafoya. Alright! Who?
1 comment:
I had this conversation with my coworker today, it went something like this:
me: "Minnesotans think they invented everything...the honey crisp apple, roller blades, oxygen..."
him: "and God, don't forget, we invented God"
I admit, I laughed my A off
Post a Comment