Monday, May 16, 2011

Can't Wait to be Doris Day

Today I resigned from my job after over 1 month of agony.  I have joined the ranks of 9.8% of America.  I think it was the best thing to do, but when my additional month of pay runs out and I don't have another job lined up I think I will be really worried.  My only consolation is that Doris Day was unemployed in "That Touch of Mink" and then she met Cary Grant.  Maybe I will meet a Carey Grant too.  Someone to splash me with their car, fly me via personal jet, wine and dine me, get me a temporary job, and then take me to the Bahamas where I will live out the rest of my life.  Who knows, it might be possible, RIGHT?


2 comments:

leannaw13 said...

Can I come to the Bahamas and at least help you celebrate? I would pay my own way, of course.

Ann said...

I really like your label: taking my life back. Keep in reclaiming!