Sunday, June 19, 2011

Guess Who No Longer Sleeps in the Living Room?

That's right ladies and gentlemen...Claire has moved into the bedroom.  My split box springs were delivered to my home this past Monday.  One might ask why it took me so long.  Trying to be independent I attempted to get the mattress up the stairs on my own.  I found out that was IMPOSSIBLE.  Tonight (on the Sabbath) my visiting teachers came over to teach me.  They got the tour of the house and saw that I was living in the living room.  They offered to help me bring the mattress upstairs.  Three women carried all the pieces to the frame, carried the mattress upstairs and put everything all in to place.  When they had me guess what the visiting teaching message was about I said, "keeping the sabbath day holy," because it definitely felt like maybe we were not doing that.  Nope, about self reliance.  I sure want be self reliant and feel like most days I am, but there are just too many tasks that require other people help.  I take all the help I can get...sometimes even if it is on Sunday.  Photos to come.

2 comments:

Ann said...

YAY for good visiting teachers! And self-reliance doesn't mean total independence. :)

Excited to see pictures!

Claire said...

I know, I know, but it seems like I have way too many projects that need two sets of hands to complete....it makes me feel less self reliant.