Friday, September 9, 2011

The Chamber of Secrets

      









































































































Now I am fully aware the the Chamber of Secrets was in the plumbing of Hogwarts, but the ventilation that was put in my home reminds me of a snake going throughout my house.  I may be warmer and cooler because of it, but it was a sacrifice on beauty right now.  It has also made two of my closets practically obsolete.  The above closet was pretty small to begin with, so now I am attempting to figure out what to do to make it look better.

This is what the top of that lovely closet looks like.  HHhhhmm.

The basement was already a bunch of plumbing and piping so there was not a very big change in its beauty.

This is the biggest "eye sore."  It was NOT supposed to come this far out.  You can't tell from this angle, but it comes out as far as the middle of the wood on the door frame.  Covering this up is going to require creativity.

This is where is was supposed to go, but they couldn't get through the ceiling for some reason.  They called me after they had done the work, so I was a bit horrified when I came home from work to my dilemma.  I just continue to contemplate while I work on other projects.

My coat closet has been taken over by venting. You can see the venting starting in the middle of the closet and then going over to the wall.  Perhaps a box of some sort should be built over the bottom.  Currently, the closet is filled with kitchen stuff....that is because the kitchen is getting its remodel these next two weeks.


No comments: