I know that many people will think that I am nuts....which I will confirm that I am one. A month or so, I was realizing that my little red loveseat is coming upon its last days. I can now feel the wood through the cushions when I go to stand up. Plus, it is oversized and something that isn't as bulky will be better in my front room. I have become a Craigslist fan. I have been perusing for furniture to put in my house. I love the older/modern feel. I decided that I wanted a settee for the front room. I looked until I found this settee from the 1800's. Someone else had it waiting for reupholstery, but was moving. I picked it up for $70. It is a sturdy little settee. I am not sure if one of the reasons I loved it was because it reminded me of my parents front room. We had something similar that was reupholstered at least once. I love the roses at the top of the settee.
It is old enough that it is stuffed with horse hair for cushioning. I had to ask what was sticking out when I was buying it. It looked odd to me.
I also really like the poofy edging. I am not certain how I will replicate it, but I am willing to try.
The other edge arm needs a little work, but I figure the whole thing will be getting a face lift.
Above is from a side view. It is not very big, but I think that it will serve its purpose. I found a reupholtery class, but I would have to be able to carry it by myself. I can't get it in the car by myself, so I am going to have to keep searching. Or get some pointers from people who do their own reupholstery. I am thinking of using a damask pattern. I am not sure what color yet. I am going to have to keep thinking about it.
It is old enough that it is stuffed with horse hair for cushioning. I had to ask what was sticking out when I was buying it. It looked odd to me.
I also really like the poofy edging. I am not certain how I will replicate it, but I am willing to try.
The other edge arm needs a little work, but I figure the whole thing will be getting a face lift.
Above is from a side view. It is not very big, but I think that it will serve its purpose. I found a reupholtery class, but I would have to be able to carry it by myself. I can't get it in the car by myself, so I am going to have to keep searching. Or get some pointers from people who do their own reupholstery. I am thinking of using a damask pattern. I am not sure what color yet. I am going to have to keep thinking about it.


1 comment:
oh i can't wait to see what can be done with this.
but before you do anything you should think about the antique roadshow...this might be worth thousands! :)
Post a Comment