Monday, September 19, 2011

When at First You Don't Suceed: Try, Try Again.



I know that my weight is going to be a continual struggle.  It seems that almost every time I have a personal struggle (not necessarily life threatening), I tend to put it back on.  Sometimes I do well for a few years, others it is months.  I am hoping that I can get on a roll and then with therapy keep it that way.  So, back to the drawing board I go.

After talking to my mom, she used her detective, online skills and sent me an email about where she thought I should head- Get In Shape For Women.  I didn't let myself stew on it for too long.   I called them up and set up an appointment for later on that week. It was an interesting process because they won't accept everyone.  I went to exercise with them, answered lot of questions, and then was accepted into the programs after signing an agreement that I would stick to the meal plans.  So, out the door I went to start working on eating well, going to the gym, and be accountable for what I do.

Following this plan, which includes:

No white flour
No white sugar
No white rice
100 grams of protein
Limit sugar
Drink at least 64 oz of water
Eat approximately 1300-1600 kcal

This has been interesting to do without a fridge, stove, kitchen sink, or practically anything.  This last week I did get a freezer that is in my basement.  I have now had several Kashi (whole grain, whole food) frozen meals and some meat cooked on a George Foreman grill.  I have been drinking protein shakes and eating Greek yogurt with berries.  Don't worry there are some greens and oatmeal in their too.  I am not sure how much I weighed at the beginning (a little over a week ago), but I know that from last Monday to this Monday I lost 7 lbs.  Yay me!  Here we go again, but at least this time I have people who know my name, are expecting me to show up, and also send me texts.  It is true I am paying them, but it is kinda nice to have cheerleaders.


3 comments:

Carrie said...

AWESOME on the lucky number 7!!! You're a rock star girlie! Twhoot!

Caitlyn Dixon said...

Mom told me that she found this Gym for you and my thought was Claire is the one that can do it! Good Luck keep me updated!

Natalie said...

You will totally be able to do this. Remember, you can do hard things... but maybe it won't be so hard since you dropped 7 pounds your first week. That's amazing!