This week I have been trying to overcome the boredom that now is...My Life.
I read the entire book entitled, "Confession of a Shopaholic." Yes, I know they made it into a movie, but my mom is always getting frustrated with me lounging around and watching movies or TV so I though that perhaps a mindless read might be in order. Don't worry, I was still given the opportunity to clean my room, fold some laundry, and entirely clean the bathroom and still managed to finish the book. Reading this book to no brain power whatsoever, although I did feel some serious pain when identifying with the main character at time...never though I was that materialistic. I should get back to reading "Bleakhouse," but that one required thought and I always start to fall asleep.
John Legend has also been swooning me with some love songs this week...actually few weeks. Sometimes he just makes life better.
"This American Life" this last week filled me was not very uplifting...Runways and individuals who burned themselves. Aaagghhh perhaps my life is not that bad, but theirs did not have to be either. I will take it as something to learn by.
3 comments:
If you want something else to read. The Wee Free Men by terry Pratchett is a funny read and very quotable (both in conversations with teenage boys and in Sunday school)
I'm confused. Are you done working in the ER?
Thanks Megan...and yes I am working in the ER, but I am feeling done with working there, so I am not working extra hours.
Post a Comment