Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good Find

 Today I decided to go and see what was at the local Home Goods.  So, over to the little mall I went.  I was hoping to find some good deals on imperfect items that I could fix up.  I got lucky.  I have been looking for a cupboard or shelves to go in the downstairs bathroom.  This is the black shelf that I found.  I really don't want a black shelf, but I plan to sand, prime it, and paint it the color I want.
This is the little imperfection that I am sure that I can deal with.

Say "Goodbye" to the ugly little glass shelf.  Now yes, I will have to take down the wallpaper and paint the wall first, but when you find a good deal you have to take it.  $18 shelf, which typically costs $60-70.  I plan to place a towel rack underneath the shelf.

Maybe not the worlds greatest buy, but my current spatula has plastic that is hard as a rock.  I was happy with spending $1.99.

Lastly, I found these two frames for $2.99 a piece.  I plan on removing the "Good Times" wood piece and repaint.  I have so many places in my house that will be needing decor.  I am totally excited.

My excitement about decor and projects has stemmed from Pintrest.com.  That website is addicting, but I have found all kinds of cool projects that I hope to use in my little house.  Desks made out of sawhorses and wood, wood panel benches, and all kinds of fun stuff.  Since I have an aversion to the word craft I have decided to call these things projects.  Oh the weird quirks I have!

No comments: