Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spam and Eggs; Spam, Spam, Spam and Eggs




Many of you have already read Caitlyn's post about visiting me in grand ol' MN, but I had some different photos on my camera that I thought I would share.  On her first full day in Minneapolis it was very humid and raining, so we were not really able to work on my house.  I gave her some options of what to do and the next thing we knew we were headed out into the terrible weather and down to Ausin, MN where the Spam Museum is housed.  I was raining fairly hard, but nothing way out of the ordinary.  The Spam Museum was filled with all kinds of fund stuff.
Now Caitlyn gets to model the activities in the museum because I had the camera.  She was trying to compete with the Hormel factory in canning some Spam.  I can tell you see was annihilated.

Spam worker Caitlyn only packed on can of Spam in the time it took Hormel to pack 215 there in Austin, MN.

Instead of trains a little Spam-go-round.

Anyone for some Spam with cheese?  I think my stomach just churned...but don't worry Dad I almost bought a can for Caitlyn to bring home to you.



We watched the Spam movie while we tried to wait out a downpour of rain.  It was rained so hard that no one was leaving the building.  The museum closed at 5pm, but everyone was remaining there.  Cait and I braved the weather and ran out to my car.

This picture does not give the full story.  You can see my wet arm and drench hair.  It was as if we had showered out there.

The was a car next to us at a stop light.  There were several roads we could not take because cars were covered halfway with water.

I love the above blurred photo though.  I love the rain!  We went and got something to eat and then safely drove back to the Twin Cities.  My mom told me we were supposed to make memories, so MN was doing the best it could.

2 comments:

Caitlyn Dixon said...

Good Times at the Spam Museum I don't know if any other Museum will be as Amazing.

Coopers said...

In that first picture of Cait "working" I totally thought it was an employee there! Ha. Not until I read it. She just looks like a pro.