Last week I had to take my new lawnmower back to HD. It was no longer returnable, so it had to be repaired. Luckily, my neighbor mowed my front lawn for me. I got it back this week. I mowed my lawn and then I did my neighbors front yard in return. My whole yard to overgrown. I don't want to look like I am retired and therefore spend all my time manicuring it, but the overgrowth of the lawn is driving me nuts. I bought a hand edger a few months ago, but it bent in the first 2 minutes I used it. I took it right back and decided at some point I was going to have to by something electric or gas run. This weekend was the time. It took me about 3 hours to do one side of my sidewalk. Plus take out the weeds growing between the cracks of the sidewalk.
In addition, I bought a couple new plants. Not to be planted in the yard, but to make me feel more at home. There is something about plants that makes me feel alive.
Things are finally starting to happen here at the Passey Palace. I was going to have someone else do my roof, but I decided that the warranty....and fact that they won't run out of business made me choose HD. They put a sign in my yard, but haven't started work yet. Every time I see the sign I laugh because I have the world's worst looking roof and they are advertising with it still in place. Who is going to want a roof that looks like mine?
My least favorite part about working in the yard it the dirt that gets under my fingernails. I know there are such things as gloves, but sometimes it is just easier to do without.
This is the glimpse of the one side of my sidewalk. You can see all of the growth in my sidewalk by the road. I know that you going to be holding your breath to see when everything will be symmetrical. I know this isn't the most pressing thing my home needs, but sometimes you just have to take care of the things that drive you the most nuts.
In addition, I bought a couple new plants. Not to be planted in the yard, but to make me feel more at home. There is something about plants that makes me feel alive.
Things are finally starting to happen here at the Passey Palace. I was going to have someone else do my roof, but I decided that the warranty....and fact that they won't run out of business made me choose HD. They put a sign in my yard, but haven't started work yet. Every time I see the sign I laugh because I have the world's worst looking roof and they are advertising with it still in place. Who is going to want a roof that looks like mine?
My least favorite part about working in the yard it the dirt that gets under my fingernails. I know there are such things as gloves, but sometimes it is just easier to do without.
This is the glimpse of the one side of my sidewalk. You can see all of the growth in my sidewalk by the road. I know that you going to be holding your breath to see when everything will be symmetrical. I know this isn't the most pressing thing my home needs, but sometimes you just have to take care of the things that drive you the most nuts.


5 comments:
Curb appeal is VERY important...it's why I shower daily ;)
Looks great for all that work! Your neighbors will appreciate it.
Lookin' good sister! I have been wondering about the bathroom. (that is the project we all voted on, right?) So fun!
Yep, the bathroom was what you voted on.
Wow. It is all looking so great! Someday I will have to come see it in person...
Post a Comment