Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stripping

 I know that most of you were either a little concerned about this blogs title.  Well, I haven't stripped off my clothes or attended a strip club, so the other part of you who were excited about this post you can now calm down.  This is all about stripping my hutch/cabinet.  Caitlyn and I started this during her visit.  It still is not complete.  Cait and I applied stripper about four times and this is how it looked. I was surprised to see the glass under the paint.

There was some substance, which I believe is probably just oil-based paint.  I could not get the paint to sand off.  The paint just turns into balls, which stick to the sandpaper.  Above are some the the chunks of paint which were stripped off.  I have since applied stripper two more times and still have many to go.  I am going to have do a lot of work to get this painted again.

1 comment:

Ann said...

But oh my goodness, such potential!