So, I attempted to make a mood board. I am not really into this sort of stuff very much, but I thought I would share my ideas with you all. Living by myself and not really having much contact with the human race in person, I thought I would post a sneak peak.
Yes, I know pillows don't belong in the kitchen, but this was to show some of the colors I am thinking of using in the kitchen. I am purchasing the appliances in the mood board. I have bought impala black granite counter tops, the faucet featured here, a white double bowl farmhouse sink. The kitchen cabinet here is not exactly the one that I purchased. I bought them in "canvas white." I was originally going to do a real white (dove white), but at the last minute I changed my mind. The cabinets I purchased are not as ornate. The handle/knob above are something I am considering. Can I mix metals in the kitchen or should I use stainless steel? I thought that something that was darker on the cabinets would be a better contrast on the cabinets. I also want something that looks a little older. Should I go with a plainer knob? Oh, the options.
Lee, sent me a picture of a multi-colored wood floor. I thought it looked pretty fun, although my wood is so thin. I have not decided if I am going to try it. I do like the look in this mood board. It has more of a used look.
My cabinets are being dropped off at my house on September 3rd. I can't wait to be able to actually cook something again. Not that I have wanted to cook in this weather without A/C, but the whole microwave thing is getting old. I would like to spend one day and cook some meals to freeze. I eat better and feel better when I do that. It is a good thing that I am "semi-patient" and know this is par for the course in home repair, but don't get me wrong there will be huge celebrations in this Passey house when the new appliances are installed. I am 100% certain it will be heaven and don't try and convince me otherwise....I need something good to look forward too.
Yes, I know pillows don't belong in the kitchen, but this was to show some of the colors I am thinking of using in the kitchen. I am purchasing the appliances in the mood board. I have bought impala black granite counter tops, the faucet featured here, a white double bowl farmhouse sink. The kitchen cabinet here is not exactly the one that I purchased. I bought them in "canvas white." I was originally going to do a real white (dove white), but at the last minute I changed my mind. The cabinets I purchased are not as ornate. The handle/knob above are something I am considering. Can I mix metals in the kitchen or should I use stainless steel? I thought that something that was darker on the cabinets would be a better contrast on the cabinets. I also want something that looks a little older. Should I go with a plainer knob? Oh, the options.
Lee, sent me a picture of a multi-colored wood floor. I thought it looked pretty fun, although my wood is so thin. I have not decided if I am going to try it. I do like the look in this mood board. It has more of a used look.
My cabinets are being dropped off at my house on September 3rd. I can't wait to be able to actually cook something again. Not that I have wanted to cook in this weather without A/C, but the whole microwave thing is getting old. I would like to spend one day and cook some meals to freeze. I eat better and feel better when I do that. It is a good thing that I am "semi-patient" and know this is par for the course in home repair, but don't get me wrong there will be huge celebrations in this Passey house when the new appliances are installed. I am 100% certain it will be heaven and don't try and convince me otherwise....I need something good to look forward too.

No comments:
Post a Comment