It appears that I have a lot of goals, but another thing that I thought I would do is try to hike all of the day hike is the book 100 Classic Hikes in Arizona that are around the Phoenix area. I can't hike anything longer because my backpack is on sabbatical in Baltimore and it is a little scary as a female to be hiking alone over night. Anyway, I spent my birthday money and bought leather gloves, gas, and paid an entrance fee and hiked another strenuous hike. This hike was midway between Phoenix and Tuscon, called Picacho Peak. I hiked the Hunter trail. This hike was rather fun as you hike up a step mountain and then immediately drop about 900 feet down the other side using cables to hold onto. Then you hike back up the back side of the mountain on a very primitive trail with more cable hand holds to get up the the summit. I actually had a great time, but from reading the notes in the book decided that it was not the safest hike to bring my expensive camera, and since I don't have another camera there are no pictures. I was very proud of myself when I finished. The allotted time the book gave for this hike was 4 hours and I finished in 3 hours and 5 minutes. Yeah, for me!!! I only have two more hikes in the central desert area left.
Other than the hike there has not been much in my life. This week I worked four, 12-hour shifts and last week I worked five, 12-hour shifts. All this work leaves little play and not much interesting to occur. I have done a lot of sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment