I had decided to take my camera with me because I decided that there had to be some interesting objects to take pictures of. In taking pictures I was reintroduced to the fact that I have a bond with plants. I found myself wanting to take all kinds of pictures of the plants. I think that this quality actually came from my grandfather. My mind wanders to a memory of my sister's when she was hiking with my grandfather and he got a hold of her camera. When the film was developed there were many pictures of the same plant. I never thought that I would find a day when I decided that he and I had something like this in common, but I do find it amusing. The rest of this is a posting of my Sunday evening walk so that I can feel like I took it with my family.

Initially, my walk started by going down through the apartment complex. I walked by one of my favorite features in the complex - the fountain. Who doesn't love a good fountain? Sometimes I wish that I could just pull up a chair and sit right in front of it for hours. Today when I was coming back from church I saw a hummingbird above it, I think that he had the right idea.

Next I walked through the parking lot and noticed all of the beautiful white flowers growing on the bushes above all of the cars. These flowers go into bloom when it starts to get really hot and I would want to run away and hide. I think that these bushes are seen all around Arizona to remind us that even though it is hideously hot here there are beautiful things to make life enjoyable.

Palm trees I have find are not very beautiful trees unless they are well maintained. There are also several different kind of palm tress which have different leaves on them. These are the leaves of a palm tree that is only slightly taller than I am. I loved the way that the light went through them. They also reminded me of those delicate oriental fans. I though that were very beautiful.
In contrast there was a very tall palm tree on the neighboring campus of Phoenix College. was very tall. I estimated that I would have to take four different pictures to get the entire trunk in trunk in. You can't see it in this picture but there was a black bird up in the leaves of this tree.
There was no real reason to take a picture of this red flower, but I just liked it, so now you get to look at it.
Last, but not least I ran into an interesting statue. I am not sure of the meaning, but that is the interesting part about modern art. It allows me to interpret it any way that I want to. Personally, the fact that it is made of a lot of different faces can be either frightening or inspirational. I am assuming that they going for something along the lines of inspirational. The little boat looking thing was pretty confusing though, the lack of water here in Phoenix leads to question what it happening up there at the top.

Well, I hope that you enjoyed your Sunday walk with me. There are no self portraits this time. If I take a picture of myself it looks the same as the last one. One of these days I am going to have to find someone to take my picture for me, but I have a hard time handing my camera over to someone else and just trusting that they won't drop it or run away with it. Until then you will just have to enjoy the scenic views, plants, and other things that I find interesting in my surroundings.
2 comments:
Your pictures on this post are absolutely stunning. I think you have a great eye for photos.
Thanks, I liked them too.
Post a Comment