Sunday, May 6, 2007

Phoenix

Here I am! It is difficult to get a good picture of yourself when there is no one else to take the picture. I attempted a self portrait while out on a hike....I figure that I could have done worse.
Hiking through the desert can be very beautiful. Meandering through the light colored dirt and looking at all of the beauty gives me a lot of perspective in my life and I find that it to be a refuge from the chaos.



Ocotillo is one of my favorite desert plants. It reminds me of green witches finger with long fingernails. It look at it and think of the book "Miss Nelson is Missing." This stuff is found everywhere and it always makes me happy to see it blowing in the wind.








This is a scenic view of the Phoenix valley from South Mountain. I took this picture while hiking Hidden Valley.
I am finding that I am enjoying Phoenix more and more as I spent more time enjoying it's natural beauty. It seems as though I might be spending a lot more time here than I had originally bargained for because the job searching is not panning out as I had hoped. I am determined to make the best of my time. Dad just so that you know, even if I don't move home I am going to definitely try to come home in August to hike Mount Timpanogos.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I love the addition of pictures! Is the cord to your camera working again?

Claire said...

Funny thing! I kept wondering what this strange slot was on the front of my computer. It turns out it takes that compact flash card from my camera. All that worrying and I had the ability to download all the time. Can't wait to take more photos.

Amber P. said...

I have a new summer goal: Get ready to hike Mt. Timpanogas with you! I just hope you don't come while we're in Washington! (Aug 15-21)

Claire said...

I am currently planning for the first week in August. Ann says that she will still be Utah and would like to go. Everything is still tentative, but I will let you know.