Monday, May 7, 2007
Auspicious Days
I have been contemplating the effect of auspicious days in my life. I have never really thought about whether or not they really exist, but my birthday led to some serious reflection. I had such good luck on my birthday. I have been trying to get a good patient assignment at work for over a year. I have found work to be less challenging than I wanted and I keep looking for learning possibilities. On my birthday I was very happy to get this opportunity twice. Working the night shift it seems like you get to celebrate your birthday twice. It starts at midnight, you go to be and wake up again and it is still your birthday...what a life. I also found out that I owe $600 less than I had expected to pay in state taxes. I received the only gift that I had really wanted from my parents, a family story album. Everything was going my way and then the clock struck midnight and my birthday was over. This is when my luck ran out. Nothing really went terribly, but it just seems like perfection ended. Talking with my cousin, Megan, we discussed auspicious days that are on the Chinese calendar and they sounded like a good idea to me. Although, I am not sure that I believe in living my life around the auspicious days assigned to me I think that there is a power in believing that you have a lucky day. Perhaps, whenever it is that I decide to move I might look up my auspicious moving day in hope of some extra luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment