This past week has been pretty darn good. I was really sad when I realized a few weeks ago that I was going to have to work the entire weekend of my birthday. In the past I have always gone home to celebrate, even when I lived in Salt Lake City. Being the poor student that I am I realized that I was not going to be able to go home and it was even more sad that I was going to spend it working. This thought led me to call up my cousin, Megan, and let her know that I was coming over for an entire weekend of birthday celebration. I did not even give her the option of saying "No." I let her know that I needed some ice cream and cake and that I would be set.
I went to her house on Friday and I babysat her three youngest kids for the first half of the day while she ran errands. We had a great time at the park. I had worked the entire night before so when she arrived home I took a nap with Hazel, the youngest. When I woke up we had dinner and a great birthday celebration...cake and all. Then we went to the dollar theatre and watched "Night and the Museum." It was a perfect day.
Saturday was just as great. I spent the majority of the day cleaning out the old master bathroom. Megan and Kenneth have been completely remodeling their home and moved into the new master bedroom. The old room is going to be the girls' bedroom and the bathroom was filled with all kind of stuff that needed to go into the new bathroom. Everything was removed, scrubbed down and organized so that girls could now occupy the bathroom. When I was done it was sparkling clean. The next plan was to go swimming, it was extremely hot, but then it started to rain. The large group of us moved on the the next plan and went to Chuck E. Cheese. Who wouldn't have fun there? All seven children and three adults ate pizza and ran around playing games. Everyone had a good time. Unfortunately by the end of the day there were two children who were sick and throwing up, but overall it was a good day.
The next day was Sunday and we went to church. After church we had quiet time for 20 minutes, no one survived. Everyone slept for 2 hours until the phone rang. Then we had some great Chinese soup. We played Hullabaloo and ran around like crazy people in the front room and headed back to bed. I was really worn out. That was when sickness took child number three. Luckily the illness was one that only seemed to last about 12 hours so the other two were feeling good by then.
Monday I watched the youngest three as child number four become ill. We read stories and played in the house. Megan and I moved a very large bookcase from the master bedroom to the front room. There were a whole lot of books that required moving. I attempted another nap in preparation for work that night. I didn't get any sleep because my brain would not turn off, so I spent the afternoon talking with Megan and Nate, the second to youngest. I helped to prepare dinner and then headed to work. It was a great weekend and it was really nice to hang out with people. Sometimes I get lonely here by myself in my apartment.
I am still sad that I have to work on my birthday, but I think that it will be manageable. Sometimes I really hate being an adult. I will be celebrating in style though as there will be a potluck for Cinco de Mayo.
I finished my classes for the semester and I am happy to announce that I have passed all of them. Yeah! I have completed two semester and only have four to go. They go by quickly so it won't we too long until I am finished. During this short break I am going to attempt to pick up as many shifts at work as possible. I have signed up for a lot of extra shifts and have a feeling that I am going to be cancelled for most of them, but this way I will have the greatest chance of making more money. If I don't get cancelled though I will be working a whole lot. It is a good investment to improve my financial situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment