
Now most people must think that 35+ hours of travel to get to their destination would be all fun and games...well Natalie is here to show you that is all true. Much to our delight in the New Delhi Airport we found some amazing "sleeper chairs" and caught a few hours of shuteye between flights. Although, I have to admit that it is a little awkward to wake up surrounded by a whole group of people waiting to get on a 3am flight. The sacrifices that must be made for beauty rest.
The above picture is just a random main within one of the temple sights along the walk.
Above is one of the bells found outside one of the shrines. In worship people walk around the buildings clockwise and hit the bells as they walk.
In worship the people put red powder all over everything. I know that when it is put on your forehead as a tikka, it is for protection. I am not sure if it is supposed to protect the Gods as well, but sometimes it ruins the beauty, instead of enhancing it.
This is a typical site at the temples and shrines. They have candles everywhere for lighting.
Above are some coins that are attached to some gnarly wood. They are donations to the toothache god. I was seriously happy I did not need to make a donation during my time in Nepal.
This man was just taking a little "cat nap" as we were walking around one of the temple. At that moment in time I was hoping that I might be able to join him.
Some of the people in Nepal did have earlobes this long from the earrings that they used to wear...and some of them were men. Similar to here in the States.
3 comments:
Was that picture of us taken at Durbar square by the guy we just wanted to leave us alone?
ok, that is totally the way to go on airport sleeping. no kink in the neck!
cool pictures. can't wait to hear and see more!
Nope, Nat that was the picture taken by the foreign couple who wanted us to take their picture by the shrine, so then they took our picture...an event that should never have occurred. We were unprepared for a photographic experience.
Post a Comment