Saturday, November 27, 2010

Nepal Day 14

Unfortunately, this day was not very picturesque, nor was it my best day. After sleeping for so many hours the night before, I woke up slightly refreshed. I was more awake, but all of my bones ached, my head hurt, and the muscles ached. I was not the only one with these symptoms. I felt as though I could go back to sleep at any minute. I walked down to the site to assist in the foundation again. As seen above, they only needed a few people to help. The work was all rebar (sp?) and there was only one tool to cut the wire. Therefore a group of us at on the hill waiting for our turn. As we sat there I began to feel worse and worse until I could needed to go back up to camp.
This is a picture of the college, which was right next to the toilets we were helping to build. The locals worked really quickly to get the toilet wall to go up fast.

I went back up to camp where I slept for the remainder of the day. As I slept, Natalie was outside sick as well. She almost vomited, but she took some medications to prevent the bad outcome. The SHe expeditioners were dropping like flies. Day 14 was filled with a whole lot more sleep.

No comments: