Natalie and I woke up early in the morning to go on an elephant safari. Down in the Chitwan National Park Region is where some of the only remaining Bengal Tigers reside, as well as, Rhinos. Above is a picture of one of the men preparing the elephants for the big gaunt.
Riding on the elephants through the jungle in search of wildlife was both a little uncomfortable and beautiful. I really loved the fog created by the humidity of the area. There were three people who were riding on our elephant.
This on of my favorites of the morning as the sun was shining through the branches onto this tree. It is difficult to tell, but there were many banyan trees in the area. I think this tree is only covered in vines. Either way it was beautiful.
After the canoe trip we did a two hour hike through the Chitwan National Park. The initial part of the hike was through the jungle. Then the second part was through the grassland areas. I actually loved the views of the wetland areas the most. We were unsuccessful at spotting the Rhino. Although, Natalie would have only been happy about seeing Rhino on the back of the elephants. I was particularly happy that we never spotted the tigers.
Here is Natalie being totally excited about the view.All in all, day three was filled with great adventures...although feeding and riding the elephants were my favorite parts of the day!
1 comment:
the safari looks really cool. i bet that was crazy being able to feed and ride the elephants! i'm happy to know that they like cookies.
Post a Comment