Well, not exactly, but it has a better right than :"Everybody was Hapkido Fighting." As part of my recent therapy I have been privileged to take a self defense class. It is an eight week long course. I will openly admit that last Monday (the first day of class) I cried three times. Luckily the snot was not flowing, but the poor substitute teacher was trying to be very gentle with me. Can I say "embarrassing?" For some reason the front roll was my biggest enemy. I couldn't get my body tucked under and kept landing right now my head. Then my chin would go right into my chest making breathing nearly impossible and painful afterwards. Needless to say I made it through the first class with lots of questions about how this was helpful.
I am happy you announce that Hapkido and I are now on speaking terms. After lesson number two I can successfully roll forward without injury. I can also roll backward perfectly on the first try. I can kick, punch, and take you down tot he floor by twisting your wrists. I am almost a lethal weapon.
I am happy you announce that Hapkido and I are now on speaking terms. After lesson number two I can successfully roll forward without injury. I can also roll backward perfectly on the first try. I can kick, punch, and take you down tot he floor by twisting your wrists. I am almost a lethal weapon.

1 comment:
You can do hard things! Just look at you! Way to go! I'm glad you're on speaking terms. :)
Post a Comment