The closing on the house was completed this past Thursday. Of course it was very exciting, but I have to admit that the reality of it did not set in until I purchased a ladder. I have never needed a ladder in my apartment. Putting the ladder into my car was the beginning of my new relationship with my home. I knew that I had made it. What I have made it to is still in question. My life has been so busy over the last week with returning to work. Although I was unable to start any projects until Saturday, I made 3 trips to Home Depot in a matter of 3 days. It is kind of fun to see what is needed for the projects that I am planning on starting.
There are so many things to do that it was practically impossible to figure out where to start. I figured that to start moving things in I would need my room completed and at least the front room down stairs. Now some of these pictures actually improve the look of the carpet. There are several stains and I just feel like the carpet color is outdated. So, I went to work on carpet removal.
![]() |
| I just want to emphasize the beauty of this plush green heavenly flooring. |
I know that all the jobs I have to do are not for a single person. I was able to get the carpet and padding out into my garage by myself. Yea! I would show you my big muscles if I could. I would not have been able to pull out the carpet without the "TOOL OF THE DAY"-The Needle Nose Pliers. I pulled so many staples out of the floor, but I got them all. I is always exciting to see progress. Pictures of the floor after I get the transition strips removed are coming later this week. I know that you will all be holding your breath with excitement.







3 comments:
HOLY COW! I wish, I wish, I wish I were there helping!
um, this is ann. but I'm pretty sure andrew wishes that, too.
I love the demolition phases! Great Job! I hope you had some good music and Gatorade chilling in the fridge. We keep saying that we wish were were there to help out. We love projects!!! Keep the updates coming! -Lee-
Post a Comment