Last night I continued my work on my bedroom floor. I am hoping to get my bedroom ready to move in by the end this week. We will have to see if I am overly enthusiastic about my skills. Last night I had only 2 1/2 hours to work. Here is how it has gone so far...
Getting closer. I am planning on starting the ceiling of the room tonight.
![]() |
| The strips across the doorways were the worst. I tried getting them up using multiple tools. There you can see my pain stirrer there to protect the wood as I pry and pry. |
![]() |
| Eventually it was my female hammer that did the trick. Everyone can tell it is a girl hammer my its decor. Don't worry it is not new. I just can't get the barcode off. |
![]() |
| The tool of the day. I have no idea what it is really called, but I used it to pull of molding and the treacherous carpet "who knows what" surrounding the molding. |
![]() |
| Here you can personally visualize the "who knows what." It has little nails poking up all through the wood. It is really like the world's worst rose bush. These thorns have no give. |
![]() |
| People told me that there were easy to remove, but it took quite a bit of arm muscle. Then I needed my manly gloves to carry these out to the garbage. |
![]() |
| Here you can see the molding and the gray floor. There is definitely a gap now. I will need to move it all down around the room or else it will look funny. |
![]() |
| This is the picture you were all holding your breath for....the floor underneath the carpet. |
![]() |
| There is definitely a strip that needs some sprucing up. |
![]() |
| Here it is up close. |
![]() |
| I started removing the molding. Yuck! |










2 comments:
NICE WORK! I am curious what starting the ceiling entails! Are you upgrading the trim or just reinstalling? I might be the biggest fan of the play by play. Allie & I keep saying we wish we could come help for a week or a MONTH! Thanks for helping me feel like a part of the fun.
Lee, the ceiling is nothing impressive. I am just going to paint it and probably replace the ceiling fan. I figure it is best to do that before refinishing the floor.
Post a Comment