 |
| Next I started painting the ceiling. It is always fun to see the immediate color change. You can't tell here, but the paint that was on the walls and ceiling is a lovely mauve/white combination. I think it came right out of the late eighties or early nineties. |
 |
| In order to paint the ceiling I had to take down a lovely ceiling fan. The bad news was that as soon as the fan was removed I lost all power to the room. In the basement my house has a combination of fuses and breakers. The fuses had a label on them that said upstairs. That did not work, so the assumption was made that the wiring upstairs was all weird. There went my ability to work in the evening. Luckily, a few days later I was downstairs and noticed that one of the breakers needed to be flipped. Now I have power back. |
 |
| You can see the dusty fan here. Although you can't see the beautiful dark brown coloring on the other side. This is being replaced for sure. |
 |
| In the bathroom the toilet had a beautiful mahogany seat. |
 |
| My amazing skills helped me to put a new seat on this bad boy. |
 |
| The bathroom was covered in this beautiful wallpaper. It had been up in the bathroom for years and all of the steam that is created in the bathroom made the wallpaper easy to pull off. It came off in full pieces except for where items were too close to the walls. |
 |
| The previous owners left me this beautiful picture. I think that I am going to keep the frame and see if I don't have something that might fit in there. I am attempting to be resourceful. |
 |
| There was a medicine cabinet on the wall. I don't have a picture of it right now, but here is where its home used to be. |
 |
| Here is a picture above the shower. I pulled off the wallpaper and found lines of mold. I will be cleaning with some bleach and then I will be putting down some Kilz. |
 |
| This was another wonderful addition to the bathroom. It will be flying right the door into the trash pile. |
 |
| New to the shower were these wire shelving. They had to be removed in order to take off the wallpaper. The wooden boards that were holding up the shelves broke easily from the constant exposure to moisture. |
 |
| This is a picture in the bedroom closet where similar shelves had been hanging. The shelving was easily removed and them I filled in all of the holes with spakling. I love that it is pink when it is wet and turns white when it is dry. A girl's dream. No guessing. |
 |
| In the bathroom these are the lovely plastic holders that were holding up the shelves. In the bedroom these were easily screwed out of the wall. In the bathroom I turned and turned these screw without any success. |
 |
| Eventually, I just had to pull them out. When I saw what was on the other end it all made sense...yuck. They has screwed these through the metal cornering of the wall. Now I have some serious fixing to do before I can paint the walls. |
 |
| Plus, I am going to have to take remove the toilet temporarily to get the wallpaper out. |
 |
| Here is an example of the damage done to the drywall. Now imagine at least 24 of these holes. Fun, fun, fun. |
 |
| The bedroom also had these sconces on the wall. I took two of them down in preparation for painting the walls. I went to Home Depot and was about to buy some spray paint to make them a more silver color, but in the end it was cheaper to buy new sconces. |
I am slowly making progress. I am hoping that in a week or so I will be ready to move into the house, from my apartment. I am trying to get the master bedroom, the master bathroom, and a room downstairs completed so that there are places to put things away. I plan to work on the rest of the house once I move in.
1 comment:
oh my goodness! You are doing so much! Go you!
Post a Comment