Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall Raking

 It is currently 9 pm here in MN and this part of the family is finally coming inside.  I have spent many hours raking the yard.  I know that the evening pictures are not the clearest for viewing, but I felt a need to display the work I have done and what is still coming in the future.  My very large trees have not dropped very many leaves.  I look up and almost feel a little depression kicking in as I realize how much more raking is in my future.
 Here is what I did not get to today.  I imagine that it is slightly less than what I did today (perhaps 14 bags).  You can see that I have raked the right side of the picture.  I don't want a huge flair up of wrist pain and numbness, so more will have to occur next week.
 The picture is for comparison.  This is what I raked today.  Yes I did not get every leave....plus they are still falling.
Here are the 19 bags of leaves sitting in my back yard.  We have to put them in the compostable paper bags for the city to pick them up.  I ran out so I put the leaves into 8 temporary bags, so that the piles I raked would not end up all over the yard again.  I actually enjoyed listening to music, breathing the outside air, and intermittently dancing and hoping my neighbors were not watching.  Although, I am not sure that I am prepared for this every weekend until it snows.  Then I get to shovel snow.  The joys of home ownership!

I did not get to spend all day outside.  I was required to read the latest book I am reading, for at least a couple of hours.  I also had to attend my first graduation for Rasmussen College.  I had not taught anyone graduating, but it is one of the requirements of teaching at a college.  At least only three of the schools were there and it took just 1 hour.  Yay for short graduations!  It made me look forward to my doctorate graduation.  Oh, the joys of a University of South Alabama Graduation!  Ann can attest that it was the greatest graduation ever!

No comments: