Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Trials, Trials Everywhere

I have been blessed...the fridge arrived safely, but with it came another trial.  Trials, trials everywhere.  They are in my feet and in my hair.  Is there anyway I will be able to get food in there?  Uh nope.  It looks good in my opinion, but the drawer for the freezer does not open.  It was such a tight fit that it hits the trim on the wall.
 If you look closely it was so tight to get it in that I had to removed the smaller trim on the left edge of the door to get the fridge into place.  The smaller trim is hanging schewampus.  I have left the plastic on the fridge until I do whatever I am going to do about it.
 This is a picture of the drawer being pulled out until it hits the trim.  The trim is the straight piece on the right.
 This is looking down at the fridge from standing position.  Look how far my drawer will pull out.  I don't think I can get any food in there.  Could you?

So I am left with the question of what to do with the trim.  If I could find some extremely narrow wood I could create some sort of trim,  Or no trim?  You can see that every other doorway in the house has trim.  What to do, what to do?

3 comments:

Will said...

Well, the kitchen is a distinct room in the house so it don't need trim. What it needs is... Saloon-style doors!

Carrie said...

Did ya swear? I would have sworn. In fact I did swear for you. Screw the trim, who needs it? Better to go without trim than to go without a fridge.

Ann said...

This. Is. Tragic.